Sunday, February 11, 2007

BAWDY Language

Given that I decided to continue with my locks for a little longer, I thought it may be a good idea to give Hrithik Roshan a scare and I headed to the nearest Gym in my area to get registered.

I had seen it from outside a couple of times & didn't expect much from it anyways (it had a banner saying "Get a guaranteed fit body within 3 weeks" etc).

At the reception, I got an instant feel of being at the sankat-mochan temple given the deluge of chappal-jootas outside it. Anyways, I was positively distracted by a pair of girls at the desk. This was rather unusual to have girls doing the receptionist's job in a gym. My dreams were shattered rather quickly by the usual irritating "haan, bolun" by an over-smiling budding body builder (BBB) type character. The girls were there to for registration themselves (Aha!!!).

A look inside the gym was enough to make you sentimental if you happen to be one of the "miss-the-ol'-times" types. The newest equipment would have been from the early 70's, I am making a guess 'coz I havn't seen anything like that since I have been born.

All in all, this was a usual 3 BHK converted, the drawing hall comprised of the reception, a sorta crunch-machine, and some equipment which made a girl working on it look more like a jazz wannabe.

The Dining hall had the main workout equipment, it was so decrepited that I really wondered if it could take my 104 kgs if I sat on it.
The cramped bedroom was the "Wait-(I'm)-training" room with another set of BBB characters almost in a queue.

The reception guy then showed me the sauna room (yeah, no prizes for guessing, it was the usual baalti & mugga waala bathroom) and with a sheepish smile told me "dada, ishka ekshtra lagega". No wonder, it looked like a soona-room.

I could also hear some dhik-chik dhik-chik music from behind the curtain of the remaining room, guess that would have been the ladeeeeej only Aerobic room.

Given the lack of available choices, my ever protruding belly & sense of guilt, and a good number of girls in the gym, I decided to register. This was yesterday.

Today, I woke up at ~12 (the gym closes by 1pm on sundays) and in between writing this blog, have gobbled a "kachauri-sabzi" + aloo paratha + gobi paratha.

Thank god, they only charge 281/- per month!!!

3 comments:

Saip said...

Hi Buddy!
Is this Coz Tube writing this bakar? :)

V Hit All!

smohan said...

Where did u read my blog ????

Shobhit

smohan said...

Rhetorical question btw !!! ...I am far less sarcastic now , I would like to think vaise